Social Support Worker
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Social support Worker provides outreach to isolated seniors through the use of Nutritional activities and technology Support; enhances and complements existing outreach services.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure 50+ Community of Lachine have access to food by coordinating and implementing transport & nutrition services.
- Support Technology outreach to seniors in the community.
- Assist with recruiting volunteers to encourage the expansion and development of the outreach nutritional activities and Mini bus services.
- Support the onboarding, training and supervision of Kitchen and minibus volunteers.
- Be part of the evaluation team for program development, if the situation warrants it
- Provide necessary support and recognition to volunteer.
- Keeps records and other pertinent documents and maintain professional confidentiality
- Provide statistical reports, program evaluations
- All other duties assigned associated with the operational tasks of the centre, and special projects
The Social Service Worker reports to the Social Service Coordinator.
- Part-time 12 month contract; Three days a week, from 8:30am-4:00pm
- Salary range: 18.50$
- Experience in community work (e.g. non-profit sector, and community organizing, etc.);
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent work-related experience; (Diploma in Special Care Counselling, Social Services or related studies)
- Experience with volunteer management;
- Experience in activity and program development, process and evaluations
- Experience in group dynamics and interpersonal relationships
- Must be able to function as a member of a team as well as independent
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues related to seniors;
- Must be able to function as a member of a team as well as independently;
- Occasional work weekends and evenings;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google tools (Google Docs, Sheets etc.);
- Ability to communicate bilingually