Social Support Worker
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Social Support Worker provides outreach to isolated seniors through the use of Nutritional activities; enhances and complements existing outreach services, food and animation activities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure the 50+ Community of Lachine have access to food by coordinating and implementing Outreach activities & nutrition services.
- Support outreach initiatives to the OMHM/HLM senior residences in the community.
- To encourage the expansion and development of the outreach and nutritional activities.
- Support the onboarding, training and supervision of Kitchen and outreach volunteers.
- Be part of the evaluation team for program development, if the situation warrants it
- Provide necessary support and recognition to volunteer.
- Keeps records and other pertinent documents and maintain professional confidentiality
- Provide statistical reports, program evaluations
- All other duties assigned associated with the operational tasks of the centre, and special projects
The Support Service Worker reports to the Social Service Coordinator
Full-time 12 month contract; 35 hours from 8:30am-4:00pm or 9:00am-4:30pm
- Experience in community work (e.g. non-profit sector, and community organizing, etc.);
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent work-related experience; (Special Care Counseling, Social Services or related studies)
- Experience with volunteer management;
- Experience in activity and program development, process and evaluations
- Experience in group dynamics and interpersonal relationships
- Must be able to function as a member of a team as well as independent
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues related to seniors;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google tools (Google Docs, Sheets etc.);
- Ability to communicate bilingually.
Submit your Cover Letter and C.V to the General Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday January 7th at 4:00pm. We look forward to meeting you!