JOB OFFER: Communication and Centre Coordinator
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director, the Communication Coordinator’s responsibilities are broad and require a well-rounded skill set. The Communication Coordinator will support the Executive team to meet their responsibility to manage the communication activities of the organization.
This includes assisting the Director and its team in creating, developing and coordinating communication tools to ensure the organization is clear when presenting and communicating to the stakeholders, employees, members and volunteers. The Communication Coordinator will assist in supporting the Centre, communication and evaluation of the communication responsibilities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Communication initiatives, including but not limited to: website, social media pages, weekly info-letter, mass mailings, surveying and information sessions for membership.
- Manage incoming emails concerning the Centre and respond to enquiries
- Assist with the Annual General design, reporting, and implementation of the AGM meeting
- Marketing and promotional strategy for the organization and its programming
- Coordinate, support, check in and mentor volunteer Reception
- Center Support, troubleshoot issues that may arise and fill in when staff are absence
- Assist in contributing to the leadership, motivation, development of training opportunities of a diverse team.
- Oversee office and equipment supplies; maintain inventory
- Full time position, 35 hours per week
- Vacation – 2 weeks after 1 years of service
- Sick time and Personal days
- Salary: $21.00
- Bachelor in Human Relations, Leisure Sciences or related discipline,
- Experience in developing and implementing community programs and marketing strategies.
- Strong understanding of the not for profit, community-based service delivery sector with a capacity to work effectively in a values-based organization reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Strong IT skills, with proficient skills in website management, Google Suite, and Canva
- Bilingualism essential
Submit your Cover Letter and C.V to the General Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!