JOB OFFER: Program Animator
Overview of the position:
The Program Animator will provide preventative programming to the 50+ community of Lachine and surrounding areas. To support the implementation of French and English center base activities, food services and special projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure the 50+ Community is participating in educational, physical and nutritional programming.
- Coordinate and animate activities that promote social integration.
- To encourage the expansion of the activities and food activities.
- Animate weekly preventative activities.
- Support with the recruitment, onboarding, training and supervision of kitchen and Centre volunteers. To provide the necessary support and recognition to volunteer.
- Lead a team of volunteers to prepare weekly meal programs from scheduling volunteers, delegating tasks, and assured tasks are completely.
- Participate on the committee for food security.
- In collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, plan, implement and evaluate the special event menus.
- Coordinate the opening and closing of the Centre’s Kitchen.
- Oversee the weekly baking and snack bar which are sold at the “Casse-Croute”
- Assist the Activity Coordinator with the execution of centre Special Events and Trips.
- Be part of the evaluation team for program development, if the situation warrants it.
- All other duties assigned associated with the operational tasks of the centre, and special projects.
The Program Animator reports to the Activity Coordinator.
- 28 hours a week. A one year contract depending on funding.
- Salary: 19.00$ per hour.
- Experience in community work (e.g. non-profit sector, and community organizing, etc.);
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent work-related experience; (leisure sciences, CRLT, Special Care Counseling, Social Services or related studies)
- Experience with volunteer management;
- Experience in activity and program development and evaluations.
- Experience in group dynamics and interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to function as a member of a team as well as independent.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues related to seniors;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google tools (Google Docs, Sheets etc.); training will be provided
- Ability to communicate bilingually.
Submit your C.V to the General Director, Tamara Peel @ email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!