Corporate & Groups
Where: At-home repairs for seniors living in Lachine, LaSalle, and/or Dorval.
Do you enjoy repairing things? Can you change a light-bulb or two?
Our handyperson volunteer will help our members with maintenance and repairs with the goal of empowering members with independent living. The volunteer will help with changing light bulbs and fire detectors, installing A/C, paint jobs, minor plumbing, electrical work, as well as gathering supplies. Will be reimbursed for mileage!
- The Teapot is looking for Friendly Callers *who speak various languages*. We have several members whose first language is not French or English and this creates a great barrier for socialization. If you have time to give, let us know!
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please feel free to contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (514) 637-5627 for more information.
Schools that we have partnered with:
- Concordia University
- McGill University
- Dawson College
- Vanier College
- CEA – Champlain
- Lakeside Academy
Special Care Counselling/Social Services
- Shopping program
- Reassurance Calls
- Friendly Calls/Visits
- Integration Activities
Community Recreation Leadership Training
- Animating weekly activities
- Developing new programming
- Developing a special project/event
Applied Human Sciences
- Developing and implementing impact surveys
- Facilitating focus groups and World Cafe’s
- Researching best practices and relevant publications
- Analyzing information and creating tools to be implemented
Previous workshop topics include:
- Vitamins and Medication
- Anxiety and Stress Management
- Healthy Nutrition
- Air Canada
- Hewlett Packard
- MAAX Bath Inc
- Rotary Club of Montreal-Lakeshore